Thread: Brakes: - ABS/TRACS Fault
View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 03:51   #21
RollOn

Re: Luxobargethe: "usual dry solder joints in the ABS ECU" - Yes!!
ABS Module/Control Unit: 4 years ago I re-soldered the 2 big/main posts (to power connector). This immediately fixed the ABS fault. This week, I again received multiple fault codes for open circuit wheel sensors and ABS pump fault. So, I wasted much time swapping wheel sensors without luck. Initially, I was convinced that the ABS Module/Control Unit (ECU) was no longer the problem. As a last resort, I properly de-soldered and then re-soldered all the smaller solder joints (inside the ABS control module). This again immediately removed all ABS fault codes.
Note: Dry joints (solder) only occur where the pins (for external wiring harness) are connected to the circuit board. (no other part of the board has problems) Every Volvo of this model has/will eventually have this ABS problem. Caused by faulty manufacture, “Made in Philippines”. Do not waste time on anything else until you have properly repaired the ABS ECU. (If properly de-soldered and re-soldered it should never again cause problems).
See Tutorial: https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fo...f6426ea4060a29
RollOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RollOn For This Useful Post: