View Single Post
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 19:13   #12
400-ascona
Premier Member

I left the ball joint connected, and removed the wishbone and knuckle still attached together (less chance of damaging the rubber). There are 3 bolts that hold the wishbone on to the subframe (2 horizontal, and 1 vertical), and you will have to disconnect the steering joint (easy enough as there are flats to hold at the top to stop it spinning). If you are just wanting to remove the drive shaft, you can leave the wishbone and knuckle on, and just remove the 2 bolts at the bottom of the shock absorber.
Watch you dont damage the ABS sensor and its wire. Hopefully your drive shaft wont be seized into the bearing like mine were. I ended up removing the whole assy (i was taking gearbox out so it made access easier anyway). I left the hubs face down in a tray with penetrating fluid soaking in from behind. You have to use new bolts for the driveshaft.