View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 09:54   #37
scooters

cheers Steve and thanks for the offer of the photos.
Maddy has been pressed into daily use in my commute from Harpenden to St Albans. She takes some time to warm up in the winter and I will have to sort the idling mixture which I suspect has been tuned to emissions. If you try and move off before the engine is at operating temp (on the button that is) she will stall on you even with decent choke out. Mind you it has been VERY cold here and I am not too concerned. She likes to cruise at about 3000 revolutions - speed depending on the hill! She will do 80-90 no problem but the Borg Warner 3 speed is not the most efficiant auto unit and I don't like running a car at 4500 revs either for wear or for fuel consumption which will drop to Daimler levels - no this is a car for 'proceeding' What really strikes me is how "amazon" like the ride is compared to the newer 240 series cars I have owned - this merely adds to her charm. I am a happy trooper and may even drive her the 400 miles from St Albans to Edinburgh tomorrow night so I can garage her properly and use her as a weekend car whilst taking my 940 back to the south on Monday
scooters is offline   Reply With Quote