View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 09:44   #56
rangerovering

Hi

Looking at 07-09 S60s, looking to get some more opinion/thoughts about what models are best. So if anyone can throw info in that would be great! My dad had a 54 plate D5 geartronic from new for 5 years and was a great car so I have a little familiarity with the model.

Engines:

I need 40mpg minimum reliably, obviously (and sadly) that means no T5, and I expect the 2.0T is not really going to manage that either in the real world? So diesels, is the 163 engine worth considering or is it 185 D5 all day long? I have read that the Euro4 185 is the best variant?

Gearboxes:

For economy the manual is better on the fuel, but if the auto is good I am happy to consider it. Did the geartronic change with the facelift in 07? Obviously the manual has risk of clutch/dmf problems but then an autobox is expensive to repair also...

Trim:

SE, SE Sport and SE Lux all of interest, although I've never been in an SE Sport how do they ride/handle compared to the others?

The only other main thing I would ask about is fitting an aftermarket stereo/head unit so that bluetooth connectivity and music streaming is possible. The dash is quite integrated on these cars are there any dos and dont's and things to look out for?

Thanks!
rangerovering is offline   Reply With Quote