Thread: Engine: D5244: - Ecm 6805 and boost related issues
View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2023, 07:58   #89
Thassos
GoldMember

Exclamation Does this sound like a turbo/overboost problem?

Morning all,

My trusty S60 which has never had any occurrences of major engine warning messages in the last 80k miles ive had it (its a 2006 D5 euro 4 / 185) diesel recently proved me wrong, and has popped a red triangle and 'engine service urgent' message and running in limp home mode since,, arghh,,..

Reading through this thread, and i see a mention of foot to floor, when engine not fully warmed up,, hmm yes thats exactly what i had done overtaking a car and then some seconds after the warning message came up, probably only 1/2 mile from when the car was started up from cold, had
also had the battery disconnected prior (no idea if thats relevant..). Its on
150k miles btw.

Since ive tried checking for fault codes with end ELM327 and a few different apps (which in the past have shown they can detect fault codes and report when theres an issue) but all of these show no MIL on and no fault codes stored or impending, despite the red warning triangle & message (the engine one and a anti skid service one which comes and goes historically), so im wondering if its VNT related, have tried a few startup/warm up cycles and boost initially low, (previously when working fine was seeing 20psi typ) but now only up to 8psi at a push and running on reduced power.

Thoughts anyone, would be really useful to know what vida would report as to the source of these troubles.. anyone in the kent/sussex area ?
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote