Thread: Suspension: 140: - Suspension noise
View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2023, 16:55   #8
142 Guy
Master Member

Hmmmm

I was thinking that installation of the spacers would be pretty much a non issue. I have had the front springs in and out a couple of times. Tried the Lejofors short springs and ditched them for some Amazon Cars road springs because the Lesjofors were shaking my fillings loose. After you get everything apart, I recall that fitting the springs in was straight forward. My plan was that I would just tack the spacer to the top of the spring with a few drops of CA adhesive, shove the spring into place and be done with it. I figured that as long as the ID of the spacer is the same as or larger than the ID of the spring the spacer will fit into the spring recess in the top of the cross member. Am I missing something or being overly optimistic?

Pouring your own from urethane would be an option. You would need to take a guess at what the correct durometer for the urethane would be and you would need originals to make a mold from. If you are going to the trouble of making a mold, I think I would want to be making a bunch.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote