View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2023, 22:42   #22
baggy798
🤍💙💗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen
We will have to agree to disagree about the value of hushers - in my direct experience they make the motor quieter and Mr Volvo certainly put them there for that reason.
They likely put the hushers in so they were a tiny bit less noisy when flogging them. The quietness doesn't last for thousands of miles. Did any other manufacturer of the time period (or now) put bits of rubber in the valvetrain to quieten them down?

Occasionally, Mr Volvo abandons reason for madness and has done goofed up over the years. The 'low friction' B230 design? Dumb B234F design? Heck, there is that recent issue with the piston design on some of the modern engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1Roll
To quiet it down or as a flush?
Neither, I was just joking as meths boy usually recommends it.😂 An internet search suggests it to be a 50 year old wive's tale, apparently started by Chevy in the 70s. Then there's this:

"Old ATF formulations had high detergency because of the naphthenic base oils and the animal-derived liquid wax ester; past motors oils did not have high detergency. Today's ATF's have little detergency, current motor oils have high detergency, 24 times the detergency of current ATFs."

Modern motor oils are incredible and ridiculously cheap for the product really.😮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1Roll View Post
It's actually hit the inlet valve on all 4 cylinders.
An Italian Tune-Up should straighten them out.🤔😎

You could swap in a 940 B230F lump, should be cheap as chips as no one wants them. Non interference, later design with 13mm rods, practically indestructible. Don't bother telling the DVLA, they would never check.😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadorP View Post
In other words, it's a scam, and a somewhat well known one. If you complain to amazon about not receiving the 20 pounds, they are within their right to terminate your account. Fake reviews are a big issue for mister Jeff.
I think the trick is to contact the seller and get the £20 voucher before you leave a review, OR ELSE! 😡😁

Last edited by baggy798; May 12th, 2023 at 22:49.
baggy798 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baggy798 For This Useful Post: