View Single Post
Old Oct 31st, 2021, 18:10   #8
blueosprey90
Master Member

I was thinking about this problem because my doors had seal channels that were damaged and rather than replace them, I just glued the seals into the channel where required with seal adhesive.

But there might be a day when I need to do a better job. My thought is that you can epoxy the channels in place. In the States I use a two part paste epoxy by JB Weld. I might use sheet metal screws at strategic places (near the corners and bends) to hold the channels in position, with the plan to remove those screws once the channels are in place and fill the hole with additional epoxy. I would also probably let the epoxy ooze up in that bend along the sides for additional strength.

My understanding is that cars are now assembled with "structural panel adhesive" so I might also consider that option - although it is probably just another form of epoxy.

On the straight runs, you might also consider a structural contact adhesive. I've done a few small projects using contact cement and the results have been satisfactory.
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote