Thread: V50 General : - Diagnosing/understanding the problem
View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2023, 20:20   #3
ArkV50

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi
The car can't report any faults on the vacuum side as there are no sensors. However if something operated by the vacuum doesn't work properly a fault code could come up relating to that item.
I fitted a vacuum gauge "T'd" in on mine to test it. It is then easy to test for leaks.
At least prove you have full vacuum there with no leaks as a starting point.
Thanks for the vacuum gauge test tip, I'll check it later on. This happened with 10.000 km Poland-Turkey trip, I felt it first on the road back. In Turkey fuel filter (it clogged due to bad fuel and it was giving P0089 Fuel pressure error + limp mode), air filter, intake pipe before turbo and injector sealing renewed.

Anyway, I guess I found the starting point, PCV is leaking oil around (it can be connected to vacuum) and it was't like this in Turkish mechanic shop. First, I'll change it and report back.

I forgot to add that I got a pending P0335 Crankshaft position sensor code a month ago while I was trying to see if there were any codes about the problem I have. Anyway, I deleted that time and it never come back again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6971 - Copy.jpg (225.6 KB, 20 views)
ArkV50 is offline   Reply With Quote