View Single Post
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 23:48   #5
Tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey240 View Post
Hi Luke and welcome to the forum!. Looks like you have a very tidy 240 there. Sorry to hear about the problem with your brakes but you will get plenty of help and advice on here if you need it. Enjoy!. Regards Dave.

Thanks it's to be expected really new cars always have teething problems! To be honest I was probably far to lax when I went to pick it up, I didn't take any tools just my AA membership card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I would suggest a pair of recon calipers if things got that hot and a set of new brake pads. Take a good look at the flexi pipes as it could be one of those collapsed inside that is acting as a non return valve stopping the pistons retracting.
Thanks, I'll see how I go it seems to be working okay now but two of the pistons were very tight, they have been lubed and cleaned and the pistons seem in good condition considering, it seems to be working better now, but if it needs a new calliper then it needs new callipers and I'll have to get one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suterman View Post
Nice one, welcome. I like the Sammy, used to have one of those too.
Thanks I'm quite proud of it....it was my first car when I passed my test, Although it's off the road at the moment as it needs some welding, I have too many toys and not enough time!

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tramp For This Useful Post: