View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2022, 21:45   #11
monkeh
Pain in the backside

Simple thing, Those armed with the common issues, have an excellent bargaining tool.

Willing to put the work in, Like take the car to Volvo to re-screen the screen, Interior out for a deep clean, and to get the navi unit working.
Take a vida/dice unit with you and load up the gun.

"Windscreen is leaking, take £500 off please, that's what Volvo will charge to replace that if/when they break it to re-seal (knowing you'll get it for £249 with their good will gesture), Give me the warranty so I can get the navi unit done etc etc... Why is it saying my s60? It'll need dog guard shocks too £7800-£7500 because you're selling me the lemon"

I notice its already been interfered with, panel gaps on the drivers wing, and on the interior, panels are unclipped and/or broken by the fart lever.

You can either tell them to take it to Volvo for a re-seal prior to sale, and to get the navi unit fixed, then spend a few days stripping it to clean and dry.
My XC was a dog of a car, Literally. Stank of dog urine, coupled with pointing out that the windscreen had de-bonded, drivers door lock knackered, knocked the price down considerably. 3 days of stripping, cleaning with a wet and dry and bio brisk, interior outside drying and I had a compliment from Volvo how nice and clean it was inside.

/edit: Being a coastal car too, I would be checking behind teh fabric wheel arch liners and rear shocks for rot too.

'09 XC70 SE - 2" lift, D5 225bhp, poverty spec
'18 V60 Twin Engine R Design - 290bhp

Last edited by monkeh; May 15th, 2022 at 21:47.
monkeh is offline   Reply With Quote