View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 08:26   #19
eternal optimist
Master Member

Know the feeling about getting one project finished before starting another. I have a VW Split Screen Crew Cab pick up truck that's not far off paint now - must purge thoughts of what to do next....

My 145 was sold to someone in the military based in Cyrpus in 1969 and it came back to the UK when he did in 1970 - should have been a G reg not an H reg. Same colour as yours, but with cream trim with a cloth upper on the seats - and no headrests.

Got mine in 1998 and used it instead of a company car and did around 25 to 30k a year in it for a two/three years. As well as having the body done I had a B20 engine overhauled and a B20E cam and head fitted - had the head gas flowed. I also fitted overdrive and a saloon rear axle to make cruising a bit easier on the ear.

One of the regular trips I made was Reading to Veurne in Belgium through the tunnel. When I did it in a Saab 9000, I was never stopped by customs on either side - clearly Customs men are fond of old Volvo estates as I was stopped at least every other trip on either side once I swapped to using the Volvo.

I really miss that car - should never have sold it. It went with a load of spares including NOS inner wings and a great pair of s/h outer wings.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote