View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 19:58   #409
marcustandy

Bought a 2013 XC70 SE Lux D5 a few days ago. Tried the navigation update via USB, got the usual screen message wanting a code so a bit of research brought me here. I don't have the globe button, BTW.

41 pages of reading later and I called Bells Volvo of Northampton for the software update. A very nice person told me that depending on how many updates were required, the price would be either 'free' or £29. I called on Saturday morning and was booked in for 08:00 on Monday morning! I was also told that it might take 30 mins or possibly 3 hours.

In the end it was a 3hr job and it cost me £25 (not £29?). I probably cost the dealer more in complimentary coffee and posh biscuits!

So, before the update I had 'Software version: 0C72' and 'Map version: V 30.14.02'. Bluetooth was 5.00.17U.

Following the update, I now have 'Software version: 1210' and 'Map version: V 30.18.03'. Bluetooth is now 5.00.90C.

I'll be honest, I find the navigation very lacking in information compared to any of the free smartphone apps, even though it's updated. A 3 mile journey into town had 3 separate speed limits that were incorrect, I couldn't set a journey to the big Tesco or to the BP garage (I know where they are, this was just my test/trail of the updated system).

What has also come to light is that I can no longer connect to my iPhone, neither as a phone or as a media source, both of which worked fine prior to the update.

I've tried the factory reset option in the menus but nothing changes (even though it says it has); old phones from before I owned the car are still showing, all settings are exactly as I set them up prior to the update. There are no 'delete phone' options anywhere in the menus as an online search tells me there should be.

I'm assuming that I need to go back to the dealer as one or more of the 'modules' needs further updates or something? I'm actually in a worst position than before the update now.

Any thoughts/comments will be most appreciated.

Last edited by marcustandy; Nov 17th, 2020 at 22:52.
marcustandy is offline   Reply With Quote