View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 12:13   #20
Volvocano

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Im surprised you bother driving your car. All you do is moan about how great other cars that you've owned are, and how 112mph isn't fast enough!! You should get rid and get another Lexus with their crappy OS and dire CVT gearbox!
My car isn't restricted I bought a MY2018 on purpose, I also bought it because it's the only 7 seater SUV that still has luggage space with the extra row of seats up.
The other half's Lexus is an okay car - boring but metronomically reliable. The CVT isn't at all intrusive as the car has enough torque to mean you're not really revving much in normal driving, I agree CVTs on smaller-engined cars are horrible. But one thing to say about RX CVTs they are bullet-proof.

I believe there is a 7 seater RX now but it's not fast enough, if I didn't need a seven seater I would have kept my lovely supercharged V8 Range Rover. The XC90 is a perfectly decent car, but for the price it's not refined enough, it's not particularly well built and doesn't have a reputation for reliability. It is fast and efficient - easily it's best points rather ruined 2019 onwards by the 112mph limiter.
Volvocano is offline   Reply With Quote