View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 14:47   #7
XC70Bob
XC70 SE lux D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
Hi XC70Bob,
Thanks for the information but this doesn't apply to this car. It does have the 2005 CEM as far as I can tell but there is no fuse in 34 and it deffo has the single pump. I have a fuse in 33 and thats supposedly for a vacuum pump according to both owners manuals (2005 and 2006)I have but i don't believe either car has a vacuum pump. The fuse boxes in the engine compartment are different so I don't know where to go. I shall look at the 55plate XC70 i have and see if there is a fuse in 34 on that. As an aside, i checked for with a meter for connection to ground on the pump feed wires, both showed continuity. I also checked for voltage but got nothing on either.
If the car in question has the CEM covered in a black plastic case then its the 2005 onwards version and the electrical system will also have been updated from the earlier version.

So I would be very surprised if you case had some sort of hybrid electrical system composed of 2004 and 2005 parts as they are not compatible.

The electrical system on the V70, V70R & XC70 are all basically the same, with just some differences depending on engine and options/accessories on specific cars, things like the windscreen washers will be the same across all models.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct fuse as shown in the diagram ?

Its the larger 15A fuse far left in this picture.

Last edited by XC70Bob; Jun 24th, 2022 at 14:51.
XC70Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC70Bob For This Useful Post: