View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 15:53   #1
sadsack

Default v70 2005 facelift washer failure

Hi all, I am in need of guidance. The windscreen washers/rear washer are no longer working on my V70 54plate facelift wagon.
I have checked my Haynes manual for the diagram and all it gives is typical layouts that show two pumps and mentions a fuse in the engine bay fusebox. On checking the fusebox, there is no fuse in that location. I think the vehicle is part of a change over batch and nothing is as it is documented. The owners manual does not show a fuse listed for the washer pump in the engine compartment but does list one under the dashboard, but for the V70R. Again there is no fuse in that location (34) but there is a fuse in 33 that is for a vacuum pump which i thought was for post 06 models. Then to add to the confusion, I also have a 55 plate XC70 and there is listed the same fuse in 34 but for V70R.
I have changed the single motor in case that cured the problem, but it didn't and the motor i took off was good anyway.
Can anyone shed any light on the circuit for this please. I dont know if there is a relay involved, I suspect there is as with a single motor, it must have to run in different directions to cover front and rear.
Sorry the post is long but information in it may be useful for the diagnosis.
Thanks
sadsack is offline   Reply With Quote