Thread: Boot space
View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 13:06   #1
Rocinante
Master Member

Default Boot space

This is a long shot, and I doubt there is an answer but....

I have a V60 and in the long process of thinking about a replacement, and as such was trying to make comparisons. I was finding reference to the boot size with reference given to both size with seats up and seats down. However, I discovered that the 'seats up' size appeared to be getting listed both as 430 litres and 557 litres. In the process of trying to confirm which is was, I finally landed on the Volvo website, and found the below.

"The boot capacity is a generous 430 litres to the window line, with rear seats up, and 557 litres when loaded to the roof. When rear seats are folded, capacity jumps to a capacious 1241 litres"

I had thought the standard measurement was to the window line, but as I said they appear to have both been used as the 'Seat Up' size depending on where you look, without further clarification.

This information took some hunting out, and I am now wondering that when I make a comparison it may not be like for like, as some may be quoting window line and others roof line.

Anyone got a reliable source for these things ?
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote