View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 16:15   #59
Mm1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
I can't believe my luck.

I arrived at the dealership at 2pm to collect the car. Went through all the paperwork and it came time to see the car.

All went well, the car was brought around the front of the dealership and I was blown away. The manager then came to me and said, he can't let me take the car as an issue has arisen. I thought he was joking. He wasn't.

It turned out the car was not being recognised correctly by the registration process at the factory and so until it is, the car can't be taxed correctly and wouldn't be legally allowed on the roads.

They say they will resolve the issue ASAP but it could go into next week.

So, no new car yet. ;(
Wow that is ridiculously deflating. I had the wrong number plate on my car when I picked it up last month as someone keyed in one letter wrong... luckily I spotted it and didn't get pulled over.

My most deflating moment on my journey to getting my car was in March when someone at the dealership phoned me up saying my car had arrived and it was ready only to call me later that day to say they had the wrong order number and the car that arrived wasn't even the same model!

I'm not sure if this is Volvo specific or typical of most dealerships?
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote