View Single Post
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 16:02   #119
mentepazza

Hi folks! The 245 L is almost ready! Planning to have it ready for the Italian 245 meet on the 26tht of June at the European Volvo Sanctuary called “Volvograd” (Near Biella, Piedmont).
Under the dashboard electric was a mess. Whoever worked on the car didn’t have a clue of what was doing. cables have been mixed up with more recent 92/93 electric scheme, making a complete disaster and very hard to trace every single connection.
We had to make a dramatic decision and replace all the electric system under the dash!!! And built it back to to original 1975 electric scheme.
Incredible and time consuming job done by Marco.
I would have not been able to do it by myself and this would have kept the car off road for a very long time.

A few more issues to fix before putting the last pieces back together: main puzzle to solve is the overdrive. will it work? Will the new electric engage the overdrive?
While installing the windscreen back accidentally paint has been damaged: car needs to go back to bodyshop: will they manage to do the job in time?
Mot next week. Underneath everything has been replaced, shocks, springs, bushing, disks, pads, callipers, brake lines. I am expecting to pass it flying colours.

Hopefully in a few weeks I ll be able to show the car! Almost 2 years since the car was found and put into restoration...

Last edited by mentepazza; Jun 10th, 2021 at 16:05.
mentepazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post: