View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 17:46   #12
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by simboc2004 View Post
Talking ride and handling, I replaced all my suspension at c140,000 miles. I actually lowered by 30mm all-round (Eibach kit), plus Bilstein B4s, new top mounts, all rubber "bits" (but Ford if you can - the bits are much cheaper - some even have Volvo stamped on them, but come in a Ford packet!). Then new drop links (Lemförder). Also added R-Design front strut brace (V60 one is identical to V70, but far more common), which made far more of a difference than I expected - particularly on fast, twisty roads, with virtually no "shake" as the suspension loads up.

Much improved handling and ride afterwards (despite lower height). Still crashed into potholes at the rear, so then replaced rear trailing arm bushes and that has sorted that issue. Really handles well now - though I am now dithering over an uprated rear anti roll bar...
Just refreshing the rear suspension on my 2011 XC70 D3. 143k and on originals I think! Weepy shock on driver's side...suspect the other is on borrowed time. Car has become a bit more "bouncy and floaty" than usual. Also "bangs" a bit over small holes on the road (but no creaking or knocking). I'm hopeful that new rear shocks will improve things, but have a feeling front struts could do with replacing! Along with trailing arm bushes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigGreenThing For This Useful Post: