View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 09:17   #1
bigshorty48

Default Changing Bodywork Parts Between S60 P2 Models

Hi Everyone

Newbie Volvo owner here in need of some advice regarding being able to swap bodywork parts between S60 P2 models.

I've owned a 2004 S60 2.0 T S Automatic Saloon for about a month now and I absolutely love driving it. Mechanically it is spot on, however the bodywork has quite a few battle scars and looks old and tired. I have found a spares / repairs 2003 S60 D5 S 2.4 Saloon which is mechanically shot, but the bodywork looks in very good order, plus is exactly the same colour as mine. My plan is to buy the D5 and use as a donor car for bodywork parts for my car. The obvious difference is that the donor is a deisel and mine is petrol, but as far as the bodywork goes, are they basically the same car?

I will be removing both passengers side doors, both headlights, wing mirror, rear boot and front bonnet struts, front bumper, door seals, and any interior trim parts that need replacing, maybe some other bits that look better. Once I'm done I will be scrapping the D5 as I will be getting most of the money back for what I paid for it. It makes sense for me to do it this way as I will be spending out a whole let less than trying to source parts individually.

Anyway, as the title of this thread suggests, would the bodywork parts from the donor car be a straight swap for my car?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
bigshorty48 is offline   Reply With Quote