View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 15:23   #4
TJMurphy
VOC Member

Thanks Rocinante, I was trying not to make a "car sale" advert in the first instance so I had written all the details down and then took them all out again. I'm really not sure I want to go down the route of a personal sale to be honest.

But, to help, and try and rule selling it in or out here's some more info on the car. Apologies, it now looks like a sales advert. It is not!
* 143k miles. First seven or so years it commuted into London but last few years mileage has been very low.
* It's a 2002 T5 SE Manual with Winter Pack, folding door mirrors, folding rear head restraints and rear parking sensors. Colour is Dark Grey metallic with Black Leather interior. There used to be photos of it with other cars on some of the Crooked Billet events here but they all seem to be gone.
* It's got an MTE Stage 2 tune, with a Ferrita full exhaust system, supplied by Don at Kalmar Union
* Has always run on Shell V-Power / Nitro+
* Has been garaged for it's entire life
* Suspension was changed to Koni FSDs and Eibach Pro-Sport Springs
* Full service history, have all the invoices and bills. Including new A/C compressor and an alternator a few years ago. A/C is icy cold
* I'd say it's in very good condition for it's age. Wheels have been refurbished though one is scratched again. Driver's door card has a small split in the armrest
* MOT history is clear, due for next one in November (reg is RJ51 XRW)

What's wrong with it?
* Was stuttering intermittently under partial load yesterday (first time it has done this). This one needs to be investigated but I guess it could be as simple as a spark plug / dirty injector. It's also the reason I posted this note today.
* Due for a cambelt change
* Recently had lower suspension arms and one top mount fixed to try and cure heavy tramlining. It's better but still it's not perfect
* Fuel filler door no longer locks
* CEL light is on. It's been on/off for a few years now. Volvo code is something like catalytic convertor efficiency reduced. It gets reset on it's annual service and then passes the MOT, stays off for a few months and comes back. Given the Ferrita downpipe / cat and because it consistently passes the MOT I've given up on trying to find a solution (that didn't involve swapping expensive pieces like lambda sensors out).

I have access to the wife's car and I work from home so while I'd miss having it for a few months I can cope. I also need the garage emptied to store some stuff in September.
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote