View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 13:17   #2
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMurphy View Post
Hi all,
Long time member here, but very inactive.
I've decided to get a company car so my current car needs to go. I've got an online quote for scrapping it (~£400) but just wondering if there's value in trying to sell it instead. I saw something similar from Marko that was for sale at about £1,350.
It does need some work doing and as the delivery date for the new one is around November I feel it needs doing before then. Though at the moment nothing that would cause an MOT failure. I'm not mechanically minded so I can't do any of it which makes it expensive.
I've owned the car from new and I'd like to think someone with the skills would take it on. I'm sure this is just me being sentimental!

I'd welcome thoughts from anyone who'd like to share please.
I can't provide much help, but I would suggest that a bit more information, might yield better responses.
Age & Mileage for a start, and general condition.
There's a '02, 112k S60 T5 on Autotrader for £1800 or a '06, 64k for £5000.

A description of what this 'work' is that needs doing, would let people know if they wanted to take it on.
The Reg would allow people to check it's MOT history, if you were willing to share that.

Is the plan then to sell it as soon as possible so you don't have to do this 'work' ? Will that not leave you without a car ?

There's not much to loose by trying ebay or Autotrader, once you get a handle on the value.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote