View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2024, 13:12   #5
TheBeast

Thanks Bob, your insights are greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
) What year/model is your car? Si Robbs video is for single turbo not Bi turbo so the use of these components may be different even though they are the same item. However as we appear to be on the "same page" I'm assuming its a 2 turbo engine. As you have Vida do you have dice too? There is an activation sequence somewhere which "tests" the 2 gate ( which should Vibrate when activated) and the 3 gate components, which just clicks.
It is an S80 D3 Automatic, Engine: D5204T3, year: 2012
(chassis No: 152371)

I do have a Dice too and just enough knowledge to be dangerous...
Attached the options I have. I'll have a little prod.

Also a screenshot on the turbo.
I see VIDA comes up with multiple options for my D5204T3 though (36001168, 36001767).

Quote:
According so the Si video the piece you refer to is held with 4 tags/Clips which have to be released.
The internal mechanism is released via the housing at the top RHS of the image, But it appears to be a plastic ring holding the bits rather than a crimped metal fastener.
I understand your pain about smashing stuff with hands of clay - that's why I ain't moved with my issue.
Mine is somewhat different unfortunately and does not have those tags/clips.
Also, mine doesn't have that metal fastener; it is plastic parts pushed together to make it not accessible.

Quote:
If you have a "Mitty" vac or equal you can test both actuators for operation, but that means removing x2 pipes ( one one *3964 and one (the "T" one IIRC) which runs down to the larger turbo waste gate. on the component next door( two actuators fastened on one bracket???)
Might try that next, to see if that shows something obvious. Is easier than trying to get to the turbo itself (which I might end up having to do eventually anyway) as that is pretty hard with the limited space between the turbo itself and the bulkhead.

Quote:
Finally IIRC the default position for the valve is "open" in as much as when Si in one video squirted cleaning solution into one of the two "gates" the dirty solution came out of the 2nd gate - This is what you have- but it could be stuck in this position and in need of a clean...

Cheers
Bob
A, OK, I thought default was closed. Could be, like you said, that it is simply stuck in position.

Thanks and I'll see what else I can find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turbo.jpg (59.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Advanced_options.png (27.8 KB, 8 views)
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote