View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 15:58   #7
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian888 View Post
Assuming the process cost £50 that would pay for the additional cost of Vpower over standard fuel for at least 350 litres (80 ish gallons) or about 5-6 tankfulls, probably more. The only way you can say with certainty the process works is by running a comparable car through the same cycle but without the probe. However you would also have to make sure both engines were in the same internal state. I am sorry to pour cold water on this process but if it is such a fantastic process i do not understand why it is not used more widely and by main dealers workshops.

The cost benefits of premium fuel on a fleet are different and my guess is the vans are replaced at 3-4 years old so very high milage problems dealt with by the next owner? I can only go by my own experience of driving an average of 20k miles for 45 years of which the past 35 have been in diesels.
It was £40.

If I was to go into Texaco & get £40 worth of premium fuel, I’d get just over half a tank (providing the car was low). So I don’t know where you think I’d be getting full tanks from for £40?

You’re basing it off say x amount extra for premium/V Power over what you’d be putting in anyway (normal diesel). I’m not counting litres at x pence per litre, fuelled up on such a date etc. Its a simple case of the carbon clean was £40... £40 of premium diesel (what was paid for the carbon clean) or V Power won’t get me full tank of fuel... no where near it.

Yes, vans are sold after 3/4 years. Any vehicle that has been sold never had problems with EGR’s or DPF’s though & that’s using “ordinary” diesel.

There’s plenty of establishments offering carbon cleaning services, albeit with different cleaning processes (some hydrogen, some don’t etc). In essence, the process is very similar. TerraClean for example are based all over the UK. There’s even mobile cleaning services that will perform the process on your drive.

Dealerships won’t use carbon cleaning, they want you to buy a new car & not keep your old one running. There’s plenty of garages that have carbon cleaning equipment & if they don’t, there will be one not too far away that does.

Time will tell, but so far, I’ve noticed a big difference so far in throttle response & smoother idling. That in itself is an improvement.