View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 23:24   #5
Kev0607
Premier Member

It wasn't my car that was being carbon cleaned with hydrogen, it was my Dad's (V70 D5, P3 shape). I just wanted to see if anyone on here had it done, but I assume its not that popular judging by the number of replies. He decided to go for it anyway.

Its a simple process really;

-Undo the jubilee clip around the air intake.
-Insert the probe from the machine into the air intake, but the probe must pass the MAF sensor.
-Turn the machine on for 60 minutes.
-Rev the car to 1500rpm & leave it running for 30 minutes with the probe still connected (with a pole/stick on the accelerator).
-Let it idle for 30 minutes with the probe connected.
-After 60 minutes, disconnect the probe & the job is done.

I have to say, the difference is night & day. The car is much more lively, the throttle response is much sharper. I'm very impressed & so is he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian888 View Post
Personally you are better off spending your brass on quality/premium fuel (such as Vpower) all the time and best quality oil at service time. Forget the 21st Century snake oil cures.
The oil is changed every year without fail, even though its not doing anywhere near the 18k service interval specified by Volvo, at present anyway. Quality parts & fluids are used when servicing, plus the fuel filter & air filter are changed regularly too.

For what it cost to have the hydrogen carbon clean done, it wouldn't even put a single half tank of VPower in the car. As its a workhorse with just shy of 160k on it, using VPower isn't really viable. Maybe the odd treat every now & again, but he certainly won't be filling it every week with VPower fuel. Diesel is dear enough!

My Dad has a fleet of vans, all of which do big miles. Not one of them gets VPower fuel or premium fuel because its not viable. He has a business account with Texaco & every vehicle is filled with ordinary diesel from Texaco only (nowhere else).

Not one van has had a drop of VPower or Texaco premium diesel... never had any issues with just the "ordinary" fuel.

I do treat my car to the odd sup of premium fuel, but certainly not on a constant basis.

Last edited by Kev0607; May 11th, 2021 at 23:52.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: