View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 11:52   #6
spaceman2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easington View Post
Thanks, what was your verdict on the Eton10?
I ran the Eton intially with high level (speaker level) inputs from the stock amplifier which was a significant improvement to the low end. I paid about £300 on Amazon, but I've seen it at around £230 since then. I tapped off the speaker outputs of the underseat Volvo amp using a modified Parrot phone cable (see my original post in the linked thread). At that time I also upgraded the front speaker to Audison Voce components.

I really wanted more volume and ability to adjust speaker timings etc so subsequently added an Audison Prima DSP 8.9 amp. The Eton is now driven from low level outputs from the DSP amp which allows more control over volume, timing etc. The final resulting performance is fantastic.

However, the Eton 10 sub was a good upgrade by itself. I mounted it on 2 pieces of wood glued to the boot floor. I removed the underfloor storage tray to accomodate it as I didn't want to cut the tray. The unit is too big to fit under the passenger seat so needs to be in the boot. A friend did an Eton-only upgrade to his Q5 which was also excellent. He also upgraded his speakers to Audison Prima components with the stock Audi amp. Once again a good improvement.