Thread: Washer nozzles
View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 14:27   #13
Kev0607
Premier Member

When I disconnected the pipe from the check valve & pressed the stalk inside the car to activate the washers, the flow was decent. Yet when I connected the pipe back to the valve, the flow was poor.

My local main dealer didn’t really know what I was talking about. I told them I wanted the check valves, but they said they only sell the washer nozzles & check valves as one item. I didn’t believe that was true & got the impression that the chap I spoke to wasn’t really interested. £64 for the washer nozzles & check valves! I didn’t bother discussing it with them further & decided to try elsewhere. They really haven’t got a clue.

In the end, I rang Stoneacre Volvo Newcastle - They have an Ebay store too & sell parts at trade price. I’ve used them in the past on many occasions & they’re very helpful & reasonably priced. I’ve ordered some new check valves from them & they knew exactly what I was talking about, but my local main dealer didn’t have a clue.

I’m awaiting delivery of the new check valves, but they should be here for weekend. £18 for a two-way check valve & a three-way one. I didn’t have to buy new nozzles for £64 a pair!

Interestingly enough, I found out that my car has heated nozzles (according to Stoneacre’s system anyway). I wasn’t 100% sure whether it did or didn’t, but funnily enough, I did notice in the cold weather that steam was coming off the windscreen when I sprayed the washers. I thought the glass was warm because of the heater.

Last edited by Kev0607; Jan 11th, 2022 at 14:47.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: