View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 11:40   #2
larchdale
VOC member

I went through exactly the same process a couple of weeks ago. I, too, did not receive any reminder from Volvo UK or the dealer.

It transpires that Car Care Plan administrate the warranty for Volvo - it's the one you can buy via the Volvo UK website. I would imagine they also look after other back-office stuff like the service plan and Volvo Care breakdown assistance but I didn't go into it. They told me they mainly look after fleets and manufacturers, rather than retail to the public.

I spoke with a couple of very helpful people at both Volvo and Car Care Plan. The upshot was that it was best for me to buy the 1-year extension online via the Volvo website. I'm told this can be extended annually until the car is 10 years old or has reached 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, which seems pretty standard across warranty providers.

Note: there is no multi-year option, only an annual extension.

I've now bought a 1-year extension and received all the paperwork via email. I can confirm that it's registered with the dealers and seems to be a comprehensive extension of the 3-year manufacturer's warranty, so I'm happy.

Funnily enough, when I asked at my dealership, they offered to help me log on to the Volvo website and purchase the warranty! Handy, I suppose, if you're not web literate.

I hope that helps reassure you.
larchdale is offline   Reply With Quote