View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 20:50   #19
TeamG
Master Member

I’m loving how this thread is developing. Absolutely no arguments, no “I’m right, you’re wrong”, but lots of little details that sway the discussion in one direction and then the other.

The benefits and pitfalls of one or the other appear so marginal that we shouldn’t worry about the path that we choose. Summer/winter sets or all-seasons are both right for the majority of us, but the occasional contributor will have a stronger leaning one way or the other.

I’m at the stage where I’m happy with my choice of two sets of wheels and the twice-yearly swap. My decision is made, and I’ll stick with it for my planned ownership of this car. I will, however, put a set of all-seasons on my wife’s new car (she does far more mileage than me as a community nurse) and see how we get on. You never know, my XC-60 replacement in a few years’ time may well also have all-seasons, or my wife’s next car may need a second set of alloys.

And one benefit, if more of us are leaning towards all-seasons, then those of us who do fancy a second set of alloys or are looking to replace a couple of kerb damaged ones will find reasonably priced wheels on ebay or similar. Full-sized spare anyone?
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamG For This Useful Post: