View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 13:13   #14
TeamG
Master Member

Interesting perspectives from all of you and a few points I’m taking away from this.

Winters are great in snow, but not necessarily in the wet, cold seasons that we get in Wales (except for our annual 2 days of snow). Winters are alright in summer, but wear because of the tread profile and most of you replace them at 4-5mm. So if using winters all year round, expect only 3-4mm of useable tread.

Summers are great in summer, questionable in typical Welsh weather and crap in snow. They shouldn’t be used all year round, but if used in the summer can be thrashed down to 1.6mm so leaving 6.4mm of useable tread.

All seasons are great in spring/autumn, probably better than winters in a Welsh winter (except for our 2 days of snow) and not noticeably worse than summers in summer if you drive an AWD Volvo SUV (which you’d probably stack at the Ring even on slicks). But when do you guys change your all-seasons? If they are wearing in the colder months, do you bin them at 4-5mm, or do you see it through to summer, thrash the last couple of mm out of them and replace in the Autumn?

It sounds like I need three sets of wheels and tyres. A set of all-seasons for 361 days of the year, a set of winters for the 2 snowy days and a set of summers for the couple of days that I may travel South of Wales and the sun is out?
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamG For This Useful Post: