View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 12:09   #1
Kev0607
Premier Member

Default V70 D5 lumpy after startup (briefly)

Hello,

When we had freezing temperatures not so long ago, I noticed that the V70 2008 D5 was taking longer to start than it normally would. It shook/rumbled for a few seconds after it started, then it settled and ran normal.

There was no light on the dash indicating a fault, but I decided to do a diagnostic check anyway. There was a fault code for cylinder 2 glow plug (not sure why that didn't put a light on the dash, but anyway!). Instead of replacing one, I decided to replace all 5 of them. I figured if one was gone, the chances were the others weren't far behind.

The car starts better since replacing the glow plugs and deleting the fault code, but it still has a bit of a rumble/shake/judder after initial startup for a few seconds, then it settles. What could this be?

I've done another VIDA scan, no codes are present. Its been recently serviced with a new fuel filter. I've checked around the injectors... there's no leaks that I can see. Battery voltage is fine. 163,000 miles on her, but its well looked after. I don't think 163k is high on a D5, but I understand that there may be wear in some components all the same. Its not going to be like new at that mileage.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome. The car drives fine and pulls like a train.

Last edited by Kev0607; Mar 27th, 2024 at 12:13.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote