View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 17:46   #4
2Diesels
Premier Member

The project is progressing nicely. Last week I returned to the same yard as he had another almost identical one in the pile. I took my shopping list of about a dozen items & fulfilled my entire needs. I got a n/s headlamp as one of the moulded retaining lugs for the tent pegs has been broken off mine, bonnet struts so no more head injuries, power steering hose from reservoir to pump & the little mounting bracket, some parking sensors to help diagnose my fault & various bits of trim which were either missing or broken on my car.
I think I have fitted everything except the sensors.
This afternoon was the turn of the power steering, I fitted my “new” hose & bracket & flushed the atf out of the system & filled it with CHF, I’m not convinced it’s fixed, but it does seem less twitchy, a higher speed road test will tell me I reckon. Today’s mot & tyres had to be postponed due to my man’s workload, but he assured me if I pop along after work on Tuesday he will sort it.
Deep cleaning has also been taking place & it’s scrubbing up nicely, the interior was quite grubby, especially beneath the 2nd row of seats, but with these removed I have scrubbed the carpet to death & blocked my hoover with dog hair. Externally it is responding well to a good polish & has surprisingly few battle scars for a car with 163k in the clock.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote