View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 00:26   #46
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
We are having a huge amount of cats stolen where I live but I am constantly being told that they won't be interested in my 940 one, looks like I am being told wrong.

Does parking lengthways along a fence, driver's side, make much difference to them getting the cat off?
For the most part, the cat thieves tend to target later Japanese cars with original cats and tend to overlook anything over 20 years old as being likely to have an aftermarket cat fitted which isn't worth as much as an OE cat on anything, especially a non-Japanese car.

However, this isn't a hard and fast rule as this thread obviously demonstrates.

Parking by a fence against the drivers side is one option but is awkward for you getting in/out via the passenger door but would only really be a deterrent. That leaves two more options, one is invest in a "Cat-Guard", second (for you at least) is to decat it before they do which you are legally entitled to do as you have an LPG conversion on it.
I don't know if "Cat-Guards" are available for the 7/9xx models, many companies will view them as too old and "niche market" to produce one, i'd go for the decat option and gain a few horses and mpg as well.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: