View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 00:50   #10
Ashmere

In answer to the 'is it worth it" is I honestly don't know.
What's it worth? Prob not much, we paid 3k for it a few years ago with 150k 3 owner fsh, it's now on 188k but still drives a1 and is used a fair bit for towing a caravan, prob the best towcar we've had so it's worth more to us for practical reasons than it is financially,.
First 2 yrs was trouble free, then a sensor, camshaft?
Then a few months later abs faults but this was a relutor ring, then again a few months later another sensor this time on the fuel system, then the alternator. The bills were starting to add up then a trouble free year plus I fitted new brakes and tyres all round and have just a few weeks ago mot Inc 2 new rear springs , then a week after decides to throw a fit.
We need the car, I'm in no position to buy another, can I'll afford dealer rates, there are few options, via process of elimstion its either the abs module, steering wheel module or ECM which are all beyond my limits financially and mechanically, so for now it's sitting on my driveway waiting for its fate.
I have removed and cleaned the ecm which was spotless beforehand and looked OK no corrosion or anything of the like, next step is to do same on brake module to see if that makes a difference
All the thought of getting the ecm and modules tested and reprogramming etc all sounds very expensive to maybe not cure the issues
My wife refuses to drive it as it scared the living crap out of her when it cut out with 44 tons on her tail and nowhere to pull in and no working indicators
So I am at the end of my tether with this car
Feel free if anyone would like to come fix it or suggest someone that could as I have no indy local to me (pe12) and it won't drive more than half a mile without throwing a wobbler
Cheers
Ashmere is offline   Reply With Quote