Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Please advise me. Is that why the listing says:

“genuine barn find”

PLEASE NOT THIS IS A BARN FIND BUT VERY VERY STRIAGHT CAR

Stephen

Reading the rest of what the seller has "tepyd" it's obviously a typo or mis-spelling and should read "Please note".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Dave.

At five I had not even heard of the alphabet! OK so yes it shows!

But I had received teaching of reading at the kitchen table of a teacher wot lived next door and very quickly lapped it up. Kushtie.

Why mock ye the seller?

If my language woz less off the wall I might try volunteer to help people learn to read. and if my health improved ...

Stephen

I was reading The Telegraph at the age of 4 - granted i didn't understand 99% of what the content was about but that isn't the point, i was capable of reading it.

I wasn't mocking the seller, just pointing out that most 5 year olds these days are actually proficent typists/computer users (although generally on tablets and phones rather than "real" computers) because they've been brought up with it as second nature.

However, it's highly likely that the seller has dyslexia or some similar problem which i would never mock. Once upon a time and scarily up until very recently, dyslexia wasn't accepted as a genuine condition and (for want of a better word) sufferers were generally viewed as lazy, stupid, trouble-makers, disruptive and various other negative connotations that could be applied to a problem nobody wanted to recognise and even fewer knew how to go about fixing.

I'm no expert on dyslexia but have known many people through my life that have it and my ex-wife had it too so i've become fairly adept at spotting the common signs. I could still be wrong and the seller just didn't finish school and/or had a poor attendance record and didn't learn anything much but IMHO that's the most likely cause of the poor advert. That said most people with dyslexia generally find someone else to write the ads for them to avoid confusion.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: