View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2022, 20:34   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM 855 T5R View Post
My wife finally persuaded my to buy her an XC40 T5 Polestar R-design. As a result, her 1998 C30 T5 Geartronic Polestar R-Design SE Sport is now surplus to our needs.
So what is it worth I ask you all?
I wont sell it for stupidly cheap money (I'd keep it as its a real blast to drive with the Polestar remapping of the engine and gearbox not only does it go like stink but the gearbox is wonderfully crisp, responsive and snappy on gearshifts).
It's 250PS and has a lot of factory extras including
Geartronic Gearbox
Polestar upgrade
Keyless entry and drive
Bi-Xenon lights
Volvo High performance sound system with 6CD player
Pearlescent/metallic Cosmic White paint with contrasting Volvo R-Design Sport bodykit (looks stunning)
Power folding mirrors
Electric drivers seat
Passenger airbag cut-off switch
Hard load cover

It has a full 12 months MOT (done yesterday). The Atreus wheels have been refurbished and polished and all in all is in very good bodily and mechanical condition having been properly maintained. It's done 102K miles, 44K of those in our 6 years of ownership.

It's hard to value having seen a wide range of cars pricing between £2.5K for somewhat tatty examples and £9.5K for a late low mile beauty.

What are your views on value?

Regards
John
A really interesting post, did you sell it in the end?

I only comment as I have been looking in a lot of detail at C30s. I am after a D2 as a fuel efficient mile muncher next to my xc90.

My old focus had the later 1.6D which are reliable engines and really punchy and efficient!

I would however look at a D3. However…. Sorry to say that from what I can see both the D5 and T5 are really not popular and don’t sell well. In manual form they are less than the D2 and D3 versions. The geartronic less so.

Firstly the £9,000 C30s are usually pretty special, 40,000 miles and 1 or 2 owners etc. And they simply don’t sell.

The value I think will depend on how much hassle you want. With that engine, box and miles I think if you advertise at £6k you will be waiting for a long time. At 4.5k it would shift but not fast.

Sorry if that’s poor to say but I see lots of D5 and T5 for not great money and they seem to hang around a lot.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote