View Single Post
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 11:13   #24
Steve 940
Premier Member

Right, decided to dive into this today, removed floor covering and gained access to the top of the tank.

Bit dirty, but after cleaning up, the hoses and clips didn't look too bad, hose clamp fixing screws are a bit rusty, but doused with plenty of penetrating oil.

As I hadn't been able to hear the in tank pump noise using a hose at the tank filler and better half turning the key, I had been assuming a dead in tank pump causing the main pump to be noisy.

Thought that before undoing anything, I'd just get her to turn key, with me in the boot listening at the tank sender outlet, definitely can hear the in tank working though.

Hmmm, bit reluctant to pull everything apart, and just wondered if there is any way to verify the fuel is actually being pulled up from the tank?. I'm wondering if I can remove the fuel supply hose from the filter/main pump end, and turn key, to actually confirm fuel is getting out of the tank??

Would appreciate any thoughts on this, and if to just pull main pump fuse so as not to run it dry?

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: