View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 12:53   #21
Steve 940
Premier Member

Many thanks for these suggestions, most helpful, and thanks Forrest about the tip about being able to do main pump and filter swop whilst hoses are disconnected at the sender/tank, makes absolute sense now you mention it.

Rversteeg , thank you and yes really good guides on both the Skandix website and this forum FAQ pages, must have read over these 3-4 times, job as described just sounds so simple, but I think I'm just overthinking the job, and worrying about worst case scenarios......

Bit undecided on what route to take, as whilst the seller put a new filter and main pump on, it has obviously been working overtime over the last 6 weeks or so.

As mentioned, I'm well out of practice in tinkering around with cars, so I'm a bit wary of pulling everything apart all at once, so think I might do in pump change using all new stainless hose clips, then cross fingers and see if it starts, and more importantly, has the noise disappeared. If not, and main pump is still noisy, and whilst sender top is still all accessible, I could then just remove the main fuel supply line at the sender unit top, to replace the main pump and filter.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: