Thread: XC70: Suspension - Undiagnosed Steering Pproblem
View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 10:02   #13
Tatsfield
Premier Member

I posted in another thread a parallel disaster but I'll put it here. I took the car out for a trip to see if the steering would improve and during the trip into the country I backed around a corner and I didn't see a concrete block left by some farmer on the side of his gateway entrance. The reversing sensors didn't pick it up either and the consequence was that the car rode over it and it did damage to the rear underside. The very strange thing was that the warnings for DSTC and City Safety Servicing came on and the handling of the car improved radically!

The dealer put the car on VIDA and said that the rear transmission module had been damaged and failed, together with some impact damage on the underside. The car currently only has front wheel drive but it really handles well. I'm thinking that the original fault might have been in the failed module and the handling was being affected by random adjustments carried out by the module. This this might be braking or rear wheel drive application. This may not be at all true but the car is now in for repair and we will see what it is like when the work is done. It's all insurance covered now.