View Single Post
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 07:58   #24
volvoXC60driver

Angry transmission issue

hi,
my first time using this service. i purchased a second hand 62 plate xc60 d4 r-design from a volvo dealer just over 2 months ago. from the day I picked up the vehicle there has been an issue with the transmission: when slowing down to a standstill and the revs drop to below 1000rpm, there is a distinct vibration (and noise) which is felt through the gear stick which can best be described as feeling like something is engaging or dis-engaging. it happens every time without fail. 2 weeks after having the vehicle i returned it to the dealer to check. their response states that there is an issue, but they could not clarify what it is and that I should drive it for a couple of weeks more to see if there was any change. last week i returned it to the dealer again for a further analysis as the fault had not improved/cured itself. their response this time was that they could not find any fault with the car or the transmission. this is very frustrating and disappointing. there is an obvious issue with the transmission which the dealer has completely dismissed presumably because the car is still under warranty. i have two questions to ask: firstly, i appreciate i've not been able to describe the fault in any detail but does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? secondly can anyone advise me on how i can get the dealer to acknowledge the fault. for example should i get an independent 3rd party (e.g. the aa or rac) to check the vehicle? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
volvoXC60driver is offline   Reply With Quote