View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2023, 08:50   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

On a UK spec car, 'almex', the slimline bumpers should be bright with a thin rubber strip. Later cars had the larger, black rubber bumpers to meet the US crash regulations. It would seem that a P.O. has attempted to update yours by painting them body colour.

The interior looks original to me and is in very good condition. The head restraints are definitely early 1 - series, but they could be replacements sourced from a slightly later car.

I don't know much about aftermarket F.I. systems, but our first Volvo back in '84 was a '72 145E with factory F.I., unusual at that time, in the UK at least.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your new car.

Regards, John.

Edit:

Another difference between your and UK spec cars, 'almex', is that UK models were innocent of the side marker lights that I notice on yours. Our later '78 245 had them, but only on the rear, although the 1 - series did not. These could well be 'factory' to meet local regulations, but may also have been added later by a P.O.

I guess that you may find other variations between cars intended for different markets.

John.

Last edited by john.wigley; Aug 19th, 2023 at 10:18. Reason: Add PS
john.wigley is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john.wigley For This Useful Post: