View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 16:05   #6
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Hi

Im choosing between the D3 163 2 models. I like the look of the R-Design but the SE has the extras like elec tailgate, auto wipers/ lights.

Has anyone got any advice from when they had to choose their model or regret their decision.

Im surprised the R-Design has leather but their not heated as standard. Is it worth paying for the heated or does the car heater warm quickly on a winter morning ?

Also any comments on the base model stereo on the R-Design. ?

Thanks in advance.
Many dislike the electric tailgate - I like it though I think its great although could live without it.

If you not had rain sensitive wipers before you wont miss not having them.Im not over keen on the functionality of the set up in XC60.You have to press a switch to activate them every time you get in and start the car and they only work with the stalk in the off position. Rain sensitive wipers sometimes get things wrong (on all makes) with them staying on when not raining or not coming on quick enough when it is.The fastest speed on the wipers is actually also quite slow although theres not a lot you can do about this!!!

Believe the R Design does not come with rear parking sensors yet SE does. If going R Design spec the rear sensors - maybe the front as well? - Id be tempted by the parking camera and the front blind spot camera.

Re the base stereo most on here think its fine and it is although I do not think the upgrade to Hi Performance or Premium Stereo is worth the money even though they sound ok,although I would spec the Hi Perf stereo upgrade if going for R Design as you get a USB slot - think its £400?

Heated seats - never bothered me - had them before and only used them a few times - although if your used to them - spec them - leather can be cold in winter! - nice to have not imperative.

Depends really how much you want to spend.

If I was buying another I would probably go for R Design in white with petrol 240 T5 Powershift specced up to SE Lux Premium along with sunroof premium stereo, parking cameras and front blind spot cameras and all the adaptive cruise control and queue assist features although I fear this is in the region of 42k. Fuel consumption on this may be heavy although wouldnt bother me that much as im not doing mega miles.

If going for R Design I would choose white as its not extra cost and it looks good especially with black windows.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote