View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 15:20   #5
stu0710
Master Member

At the time of buying mine I chose between an SE Lux and R-Design and picked the R-Design. Due to dealer incentives at the time the difference between the two was only approx £700 - (se lux the more expensive). I agonised and went for the R-Design in the bright Red - partly the reason but also because of the harder ride, easier to clean wheels and the interior. Sure the SE Lux had more toys, uprated stereo, Xenons, power seats etc but I figured I wasn't going to use them - also I think that the SE lux / SE really needed to benefit from metallic paint(an additional £600) - whereas IMHO the R-Design looks great in solid red or white. Against the SE the R-Design is better value as although you lose toys you gain the leather and IMHO the soft sports leather in the R-Design is even better than that in the SE lux models, plus you get sports seats and 18" as opposed to 17" wheels.

I didn't miss heated seats- even in -15 deg last winter, the standard stereo is fine although you don't get a USB only an aux in jack.

I don't regret my choice, but it depends upon what you want!