View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 23:50   #5
Lami17

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940Graeme View Post
I loved my vario, though luckily the box had been very well looked after and ran perfectly so I never had to do anything to it! It did take some "learning" after other auto's (don't start in P, don't rev it in P etc), and feathering the throttle to get the "overdrive" to kick in was a real art! Once mastered though it was like a go-cart to drive and utterly brilliant for whizzing round town in. Fuel econ was terrible at best 24mpg, and worse than my 940, but yes I'd have another tomorrow - indeed I'd have this one, at the right price!!!

If you really are interested, do let me know, as I said it is only down the road from me and I'd be happy to give it a proper look over for you.

Graeme
Many thanks to everyone for your advice. Graeme, Yes I am really interested and if you are prepared to have a look at it for me that would be brilliant. I live in the North East some 170 miles away so it has been difficult for me to view it. The garage has been helpful with additional photos etc. I will speak to them tomorrow and ask if they are prepared to hold it for me perhaps with a deposit and subject to a positive view from yourself. I think they will as they have been very helpful. One question mark is they dont have much history on the car other than it had covered 7000 miles in 1989 from a service record. Surprisngly it has also had 3 owners. I was expecting 1 owner with this mileage. I just hope the mileage is genuine? I guess it should have its original tyres which match the spare (assuming the spare hasn't been used or replaced). Please let me know if you can give it a look over and again many thanks for your advice and help. Ian.
Lami17 is offline   Reply With Quote