View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 12:51   #35
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traduk
Ok you have clarified your point and for you it appears one of personal choice.

For my part I care not at all whether they had to solder or not. Most of us will be surrounded by cnosumer electronics and electronic controlled white goods which individually and collectively surpass the cost of an ECU by a factor of many times. To expand the focus from tuning ECU's one would also have to question the repairs of those high value items. If the focus is purely on ECU's then it's nothing more than point over which to argue with an agenda. If the fear of soldering work on say T.V's is also in the equation then expenses for premature replacements is going to hurt over time.
Hi traduk,

i think your getting on the defensive here, we are just discussing the risk associated with soldering thats all.

whats the relivance that all the electrical goods in a typical house cost more than an ecu?

I also think your missing the point completely,we are saying that soldering is not most peoples first choice (and for good reason as mentioned earlier), if its the only choice then thats different. With an ecu costing over £500 id rather mine wasnt dismanteled.

what has repairing tv's when they break got to do with soldering work on a fully 100% working ecu??

repairing a tv by soldering is a no brainer isnt it traduk, as it doesnt work in the first place!!!

Ps- as VT havet bothered to reply to my question about, is my rica ecu'ed soldered. I will be finding out on wednesday when i get stuart to open it up. stand by for my findings. I expect to find no soldering as i was told by VT its invisable, but i was also told i would get 304bhp -LOL
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote