View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:31   #72
skyinsurance_ollie
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve940estate View Post
Thanks for your reply.
It's nice to get a common sense answer for a change. I will get in contact to discuss things furthur.

One thing I did spot from the previous posts in the thread was something about unemployed people.
At the moment I am not working. I am looking after 2 children and my partner works full time. We decided to do this for a number of reasons but if I had had the better more secure job I would probably be the one at work. I ask as this came up when asking another company and I really can't see why it would be a problem, especially if the policy was paid in full.

While it might not be a problem I can't see insurers trying the same thing with a Mum who doesn't work they would get strung up !

Its very useful being able to ask these questions, trying to do it all on the phone is a real pain and if nothing els expensive.

Thanks again for your help.
Hi Steve,

we would record you as a 'house husband' for this so it wouldn't be an issue, please do come through to me by PM when you are ready and I will arrange a call back.

Insurers view unemployed drivers as high risk as they carry a much higher claims/loss ratio than a driver in employment, it is as simple as that, as ever insurance risks are dictated by statistics.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance