View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 17:40   #7
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Robert, are you any closer to picking an engine? I know it's probably done to death in the US but the thing about the LS engines in my opinion is you have so much back up and parts available over your way. The LS range of engine will handle the HP as well where the 5 cylinder Volvo I wouldn't think will be that durable if being thrashed during racing. There is also GM performance parts in the US and Parts World Performance in the UK supplying all the goodies you could dream of, obviously big bucks involved but if you are thinking of doing kits to support engine/gearbox/diff conversions then people would have a great range of new or used options, especially in the US and if you look hard enough you can also get them in the UK. I sourced a LS2/T56 and Getrag diff (from PWP) in the UK from a Vauxhall Monaro for my P1800. An Amazon with a LS3 or LS7, T56 and Getrag diff would be an awesome racing package, if not a wee bit scary. ;-) It would be nice to keep it all Volvo is the downer on going LS in my opinion and maybe the LS is a bit common in the US?
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote