View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 12:14   #45
oilburner
Volvo är stor!

Yeah - that is pretty poor, no denying that.

I wonder whether this whole thing about Volvo refusing to re-call and redesign is down to the fact that they're the only profitable (non-finance) company in the whole Ford Mo Co empire?

Just doing the re-call on 450,000 cars, never mind the redesign would be enough to wipe out Volvo's profit for some time.

Motives? Volvo make money and Ford leaves them alone to get on with their quirky ways or make no money and end up like SAAB?

I can see why Volvo wouldn't want the latter option, it's not within the interests of Volvo employees to put themselves out of a job. From their point of view, if they can contain the fall out and bad publicity (so far they have really) then they may lose a few customers, but that would be made up for be appealing to new customers with the new cars that are on the way?

Sounds dreadful, but could all be true.

I know Ford themselves were happy to do a re-call on faultly Focuses that cut out with no warning, so I don't think Ford themselves are behind Volvo's policy here.

2019 V90 T4 (me) & 2017 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD (other half)
Gone but not forgotten: 2016 V60 CC AWD, 2015 V70 D4, 2005 S80 D5 and 2001 V70 2.4
oilburner is offline   Reply With Quote