View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 10:57   #5
400-ascona
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Thanks but it doesn't work on mine.

Oddly when you put key in the ignition -press and hold the odometer button then turn to position I and wait 5 seconds there is a beep sound and then when you turn to II the display shows 167 and then 045 before changing back to normal. Anyone know what these codes are?

Damn service indicator is still showing though!
What I found when googled:

AH! The light goes on. That's a service message not a fault. For the life of us here in the shop, we've never been able to find the literature telling us what the heck the messages mean when resetting. VIDA has no information about them. We were told years ago that it had to do with the selections for service interval reminders set in the driver information module, but there are no instructions to that effect. Another typical one on the older S80's was "65". Nothing else, just the number "65". Even if you reset the transmission oil counter with the VIDA cart, it won't go off. The only thing I can suggest is that next time you have it at the dealer, tell them to reset the counters for fluid intervals.

Wish there was a master list that I could point you towards.

How do I cancel this message please s I find it irritating seeing for 6 months.

Peter

Accepted Answer

Is your "time for regular service" message staying on? The procedure for resetting is to put the key in position "I", hold the trip reset button and turn the key to position "II". Hold it until the warning light flashes. It should reset your service reminder, but after you reset it you may see that "045" afterwards. The service message shouldn't come on after that again except at startup.

If the message won't go away, you're going to have to take it to a dealer and have them perform a DIM (driver information module) upgrade. That will make the functions do what they are supposed to. You may have a software glitch with your reset function currently. Performing the software upgrade fixes it.

I couldn't access any of the advice on 167 due to internet restrictions at work. Just give it a Google.
Rob